Thursday, December 21, 2006

Surprises Surprises Surprises

It has been quite a while since I last posted. Looks like this is a dormant account. I would very much like to post regularly but somehow seem to lack the energy to do so....

Life is full of surprises. The first BIG but extremely pleasant surprise was when I discovered I was expecting Jovan. Chiew could hardly believe it when I called to tell him. He was in reservist then. The boy is now 9 months old. I actually meant for this blog to pen down my experiences in my journey through motherhood. However, with the lack of energy and maybe motivation, together with dashes of procrastination, I have not done any of those yet. The journey so far may not be all sweet and perfect but it is definitely priceless and all worthwhile. The little fellow has brought so much joy, laughter and pride to my life, and of course as well as fear and apprehension too, especially when he is unwell and so unaware of the dangers as he actively seeks to explore the world around him. It has always been an enjoyment just to watch him, playing, eating, bathing, sleeping......

Just as I am in the midst of coming to terms that I am now a mother, the second BIG and equally pleasant surprise came along. Yes, I am expecting again! My little Jovan is going to have a younger sibling. He is still so small, both size and age, that it is a little difficult to imagine he is going to be a big brother. Chiew and I have always wanted him to have sibling/s but never did both of us thought it would be so soon. Well, life is full of surprises right?

The second pregnany is taking its toll on me currently. I am now reliving the yuckiness of the symptoms of the first trimester and the dosage is stronger than the previous round. I find that is compromising my interaction and my ability to take care of my dear boy as I am feeling tired and yucky most of the time. I am really thankful to my loved ones, Chiew, my mum and dad, my sister, my brother and many others who have helped out in one way or another to make the current situation easier and more bearable. Thank you very much! I love all of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home